Company’s professionals conducted a complete lighting audit at three premises belonging to BIAKSPLEN, LLC - business units which are part of Sibur holding.
The units' technical and economic parameters:
- Samara region, city of Novokuybyshevsk. Business unit occupies an area of 26.64 hectares. It includes work shops, manufacturing areas and laboratory buildings, other administrative and commercial facilities ranging in size from 8,000 sq. meters to 40,000 sq. meters.
- Kursk. The enterprise occupies an area of 35,000 sq. meters.
- Nizhny Novgorod. The enterprise occupies an area of 130,000 sq. meters.
Lighting systems of the premises were surveyed with the implementation of a number of necessary lighting calculations and measurements. Simulation of the existing situation for an adequate comparison of all the indices was executed and technical reports composed, proposals for the modernization of the lighting solutions and feasibility were made.
A separate proposal for lighting systems modernizing was prepared for each premise as the result of the client’s will to proceed gradually. For a complete picture of the situation at the facilities, a general report with graphics reflecting the achieving results and payback terms were presented to the client.
- A minimal payback term including all the works, planned for the modernization - 2.9 years
- The maximum amount of the free power capacity - 429 kW (a 57% reduction comparing with the prior to the modernization period)
- Cost saving after investments’ recoupment - 11,803,310 rubles.
For lighting of the work shops, offices and support premises, as an alternative to the existing lighting system was offered the following reliable lighting fixtures: HB LED; LB/S M LED; OPL/R LED ECO 595; and the ARCTIC LED 1200.
In regard to outdoor lighting, the Client was satisfied with the operation of the existing lighting system using standard metal-halide bulbs in fixtures that are turned on and off with a light-activated relay. Our professionals suggested replacing the outdated and ineffective control gears in the fixtures with controllable and adjustable electronic control gears of 250 W and 400 W, respectively. The program that adjusts the light source’s light output is already entered into the memory of the electronic control gear, and the protocol begins operating as soon as the power is turned on and continues until the lighting fixture is turned off. It is programmed so that the entire night is divided into as many as ten time intervals, each of which is assigned a percentage of the maximum light output, making it possible to consume up to 40% less electricity.
In order to identify additional potential savings, as well as to create a lighting system that includes adaptable controls, a few other suggestions were offered to the Client:
- Options for modernizing the power circuit for the operational and emergency lighting
- Options for modernizing the lighting control system, including choices with as much automation as possible, thus eliminating the human factor.
- Building a system to separately manage each work unit, operated remotely, manually centralized, with an instrument panel leading to the needed premises.
- The rational design of lighting networks, making it possible to regulate artificial lighting during work shifts so as to ensure to maximum use of natural light.
The planned result:
Lower energy costs are a guaranteed result of taking these planned steps and installing LED lighting from TM Lighting Technologies, and in addition, the level of lighting will improve and there will be significant reductions in energy consumption. This in turn will improve the employees' work performance while decreasing their fatigue and rate of injury.